04/03/2008

our volunteers words (Sophie - UK, Carolien - Netherlands, Marco-Italy)

SOPHIE

Dear All,

Welcome to your EVS experience! My name is Sophie, I am 21 and I am a new volunteer here in Greece. I am originally from England and decided to come to Greece to gain experience in the area of mental health as I have just finished my degree in psychology. Being on EVS in a different country can be very stressful as it is the first time away from home for many people, I think I have adapted to it quite well but everyone has their up days and their down ones. Luckily there is a large support network made up of EDRA employees, as well as my other flatmates who are great!!!

When I first got here and saw the kind of work I would be doing, it was a bit shocking and I did have a couple of second thoughts about what I was doing here! Luckily they have passed and I now love what I am doing! The language differences are quite difficult to overcome, but the best form of communication is body language anyway so really there’s not that much of a problem.

All-in-all, this is a really good project and you should seriously consider applying for it!!! All the best and hopefully I’ll see you soon!!!

CAROLIEN

Expertations of on EVS vulenteer:

Hello my name is Carolien and I’m from the Netherlands in Rotterdam. So far I like Athens really much and I think the six mont’s that I stay here will be great!

I’m now almost 3 weeks in Athens. Before I came I had some expectations. I choose for a project in mental-health because as a nurse I don’t have so much experience in this field.

I expect that in this six monts I can learn a lot:

- How the Greek health system works.

- How is the Greek culture.

- Learn from the different nationalities that I meet (flatmates).

- Learn how to work with mental-health disabilities.

Bye, bye

Greetings Carolien

MARCO

Hi people!!!!!!!!!

I m Marco, from Italy……

Finally I m here, to work, to know, to LIVE!!!!!!!!

Athens especially, it is like a bomb for my eyes……because I love to make photos…….

THIS IS MY WORLD…and if I think that in the beginning I’d like to go back

home….aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr…..

THANK YOU KOSTAS!!!!!!!!!!!

And thanks to everybody for every days…..

Καλά, πάμε!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Until September…………

Im so happyyyyyyyyyyyyy……and if someone wants to write me, mine e-mail is zhazha23@libero.it

BACIO GRANDE!!!!!!!!!!!(Μεγάλο φύλακα) ITALIA ITALIA ITALIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marco Stalteri………or ZHAZHA!!!!!!!!

0 comments: